lundi 21 novembre 2011

Chaos and The Rolling Stones

I'd been searching for this 'Chaos' headband for years. Imagine my excitement when i actually stumbled across it on Worlds End? My fingers couldn't type fast enough to order it!
This look i put together is one i would wear either through the day or on a night out, maybe with a few tweaks here and there if it was for the latter.
I'm a big fan of customising and cutting things up. It gives a unique and personal touch to your outfit, but also gives an old item of clothing a new look, saving you money!
It's the same as making your own clothes, you can have your say with exactly how you want it to look and make it to suit you, as opposed to buying a generic t-shirt and wearing it straight off the hanger (not that there's anything wrong with that)
The best thing is, anybody can do it.

My Rolling Stones vest used to be a 'medium' T-shirt, it was way too big for me to begin with, and everytime i washed it, it grew! One day i decided to take a pair of scissors to it, much to the disapproval of my mum: 'You're cutting up a perfectly good t-shirt. You looked lovely in that. Eeee!'
So i cut the sleeves off and quite liked the way the vest fit me, it was baggy, but because it no longer had the sleeves it looked way better (The sides didn't get cut out till i got my tattoo and wanted to show it off)
I have done this to many other vests, which i'll upload at a later date.
I either wear this vest layered over another vest or t-shirt, or in the summer/ on a night out i'd just wear it on its own. It's starting to deconstruct a little now, with a few holes here and there, but i like that about it.

The leather gloves are falling apart, they have no palms anymore, but it gives a good aesthetic to the look combined with the vest, plus i still manage to slip them over my fingers.
Fingerless and Palmless gloves, it could catch on!




Headband: 'Chaos' Worlds End, Vivienne Westwood
Necklace: Skeleton, Vivienne Westwood
Vest 1: Rolling Stones, Customised
Vest 2: Too fast to live, Too young to die. Climate Change, Vivienne Westwood
Trousers: Customised
Gloves: Customised
Socks: American Apparel
Shoes: Limited Edition Spikes, Converse


























The socks work well with the jogging bottoms as they have a slight 'sporty' look. Matched with my converse they blend the outfit together in a slightly grungy rock look. I'd only ever wear my knee high socks with either a pair of Converse or High Tops. With pumps they would just look wrong and with trainers it would look like i was coming home from Football practice. It's a fine line, but sometimes i don't get it right either. If in doubt, leave them out.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire