lundi 21 novembre 2011

Beige isn't boring

Beige and pastel browns are colours i love to wear. They complement my skin tone and are really easy to put an outfit together with.
I'm colour blind, and sometimes it gets a bit difficult to tell certain colours from others. However, beige is one of those colours that i never have a problem with.
Creams, pale browns, golds and caramels are really fun to mix around with and layer over eachother.
The handkerchief at my waist adds a little more colour to the outfit, breaking up the pale browns.
I like the shabby-chic look of this outfit, i think if i used darker colours it wouldn't all pull together as well as it does here due to the holes in the cardigan and dark brown smudge prints on my jeans. I matched my bronze necklaces and two belts into the outfit to layer and add more textures to the look. Using a thin piece of brown cord for a head band.
[I LOVE Headbands and Bandannas, they totally work for me and liven up any outfit]

Headband: Brown cord, no-retailer
Cardigan: All Saints
Necklace 1: Teeth, Sakdidet Road
Necklace 2: Skull, Alexander McQueen
Handkerchief: Vivienne Westwood
Jeans: Anglomania + Lee, Vivienne Westwood
Belt 1: Skull, River Island
Belt 2: Black and Gold, Vivienne Westwood
Boots: 3/4 Pirate Boots, Vivienne Westwood

I slightly changed this look by adding a vest, making it more acceptable for everyday wear. I tied the brown handkerchief around my wrist instead of over my belt. The open cardigan looks more casual and both of the belts become more visible.


Another look i wanted to show is a less 'everyday look' and more of an idea for the beach or during summer. I like using everyday objects for different uses, such as safety pins as bracelets and shoelaces as headbands. This idea came to me as i was putting this outfit together. It's not particularly a conventional look for guys, but if you have the confidence to pull it off it can look pretty good.
I used a pale brown scarf as a head band and loosely tied it at the back, letting the tails fall over my shoulder. I then accessorised it with two badges, to give a bit of colour and again to break up the monotony of beige
Head scarf: Cotton, Non-branded
Badges: Prince Charming Collection, Vivienne Westwood

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire