mardi 10 janvier 2012

Propganda

A few years ago, I saw a really unusual pair of pirate boots that I loved.They were cut from a pale blue material with huge 'Propaganda' written over them. I instantly took a liking to them and told myself that I needed a pair in my life. Unfortunately for me, I had seen them in an editorial and pretty much assumed that they were one of a kind.

Two months ago, whilst doing my online christmas shopping (sticking to my 'one for you, one for me' mantra) I happened to stumble across the exact same boots. They were going for £600. Now, I know I said I needed them in my life, but even I can admit that there comes a time you need to stop yourself before you spend your rent..

I e-mailed Lisa at Worlds End to ask her if she knew where I could get a pair. I couldn't believe my luck when she replied. Not only did she know of the boots I was talking about, but she told me that in the 'non too distant future' they would be making an appearance in the shop. I was chuffed.

Fast forward over a very hectic (but AMAZING) Christmas and New Year. Ben and I visited Worlds End whilst we were in London. They had the shoes in! I had to decide between a drunk denim shirt and the Propaganda boots. It was a no brainer. I bought the boots. (Along with a t-shirt, which i'll upload in another post.)



 


'Propaganda' Pirate Boots, Worlds End


Too fast to live, too young to die
I put this outfit together pretty quickly, but I liked the end result.
The jeans are high waisted, but on the reverse side of the material they are lined with 'iconically Viv' blue squiggles. After experimenting with the jeans; trying to fasten them in different ways, wearing them lower than normal as drop crotch, etc, I discovered a great way to fasten them which would show off the lining on the reverse side.



T-shirt: Too fast to live, too young to die, Vivienne Westwood
Jeans: High waisted/ Drop crotch, Anglomania + Lee
Boots: Propaganda Pirate Boots, Worlds End


I folded over the waist band and fastened the jeans in an asymmetric way. It gives a quirky look to the outfit by adding more texture and pattern.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire