lundi 16 janvier 2012

Jewellery



If you haven't already guessed, I am a huuuge fan of accessories and jewellery.
 It can totally finish off an outfit or give a look that 'extra something-something'.

I know I talk a lot about Vivienne Westwood. It's fair to say that she is definitely one of my favourite designers. I look at her merchandise in a totally different way to other clothes and designers produce. Stepping inside one of her shops, for me, is like entering an art gallery. I'm instantly overcome with excitement, my senses prepare themselves for a creative feast. The materials, cuts, prints and even smells are unlike any other. When I step foot inside, I want to see everything. Appreciate it all. I want to see how it's made, how it looks on the hanger, the reasons behind the use of prints and patterns.

I'm pretty proud of my collection so far and how it's growing. Buying a new item is like welcoming it to the family. It's exciting. I'd rather pay that bit extra for something unique and well made, than £10 for a generic, mass produced t-shirt from Topman.

So yeah, I love the entire brand. In a way, the house of Westwood is my vice. I'm not a smoker, or a gambler, but this is what I could imagine the addiction to be like.


However . . .

A flaw i could pick at, would have to be the jewellery.
I understand that costume jewellery is better for designers to manufacture for price reasons, but if you're not really careful with it, it gets damaged. I have bought Westwood jewellery in the past and loved it. But it can easily tarnish.

It's only really been over the past two years that i've started becoming a fan of Alexander McQueen.
Yes the jewellery is costume, but from what i've collected, i've noticed that it's really well made.

My favourite McQueen has to be my four finger winged knuckle duster.
I bought this almost two years ago, it was my first ever McQueen purchase. I have recently found out that they have been recalled due to them being considered a weapon. Plus, the house of McQueen were sued by the Hells Angels for 'copying' their winged logo. They even forced them to recall and destroy rings which had been sold to customers, so it's no longer available or in production.
I don't have a proper photo of it because i couldn't bring it to France due to customs confiscating them. So this one will have to do for now . . .




Hells Winged Knuckle Duster: Black Swarovski Crystal Eyes, Alexander McQueen






Outfit
Right, i'll get on with the outfit now.

For this look, i wanted to show that by simply using a patterned trouser and plain top, you can create and add to your look with extra detail and texture by adding accessories.
I included arm warmers and necklaces to the outfit to give a more personal stamp on the look. I like adding accessories and feel more myself when i have different textures and layers in an outfit.


Vest: Chanel logo


Arm Warmers: Black Wool


Trousers: Grey tartan, Vivienne Westwood


Shoes: Black Seditionary










Necklaces from Top to Bottom

Skeleton, Vivienne Westwood


Gold Teeth, Sakdidet Road


Large Orb Tag, Vivienne Westwood


Bronze Chain


Gold Safety Pin and Coin, Alexander McQueen



Bracelets

Grey Leather + Charms, Pandora


J G Bolts, John Galliano


Gold Teeth, Sakdidet Road


Skull and Cross, River Island


Gold Skull Swarovski Eyes, Alexander McQueen













Rings
[Left to Right]

Fold out Knuckle Duster, Vivienne Westwood

Rebel at Heart Skull, Thomas Sabo

Silver Orb Token, Vivienne Westwood

Silver Russian Wedding Band, Independent Jeweller

Mad Hatters Top Hat, Disney

Copper Disc, Topman

White Skull, Topman

Double Wrap Around Skulls, Alexander McQueen





I have a lot more jewellery in England, however left it there due to only being allowed to fit my life in a suitcase. I'll post a blog in the future on how to combine certain jewellery and use it as other things for an outfit.

Gold Teeth, Sakdidet Road:I use these as both a necklace and a bracelet. They also go really well under the collar of a shirt in the place of a tie or bowtie. I hope that this piece is a first of many. The company have a fantastic selection of unusual and unique jewellery, the majority made from brass at very decent prices. Here is a link to their website: http://www.sakdidetroad.dk/
Or you can find them in most Harvey Nichols stores around the UK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire