mardi 6 décembre 2011

Winter Warmers

Winter is once again upon us and I for one never normally dress for the cold.
Maybe it's because i'm a Northener, but i've never been a huge fan of gloves and scarves. That was until i got an idea in my head . . .

I don't have a clue where it came from, but a few months ago i woke up one day and said to myself: 'I NEED a mega thick scarf for winter.' And since then, it's all i've been able to think about.

Now you may laugh, but this is actually a good idea; I found a wool throw in a homeware store here in France, it was pretty big, but it was exactly what i had in my mind. So i tried it on and wrapped it around me, it actually looked pretty good. However, that was where my good fortune took a nosedive.
Once i'd found out the price (€50) I decided i'd 'go away and think about it', because i figured if i waited i'd find exactly what i was looking for, plus i'm pretty big on impulse buying. After almost an hour of humming and harring i decided to go back and buy it. In the hour i had been away, someone had purchased my 'soon-to-be scarf' Not a good afternoon was had by neither myself or Ben (On my moody behalf)

So i gave up and started knitting. Yes, knitting.
I taught myself from video tutorials on Youtube, however realised how long it was actually going to take when six hours in i had knitted about 3 inches. I still enjoy doing it when i have spare time, but i don't think i'm quite ready to be knitting sweaters yet :/

FINALLY, after giving up all hope, by total fluke, i found this:


Pretty much exactly what i had in mind, except it is a snood.
€15, H&M.
Job's a good'un, bish-bash-bosh, Bob's your uncle.



Earring: Heart Orb, Vivienne Westwood

Watch: Market Stall, Leeds





This look is perfect for indoors or out, the chunky scarf gives such a warm look and feel to the outfit, it changes the shape of my silhouette pretty radically. It was the perfect statement piece i was looking for.


Coat: Witches Hoodie, Anglomania
Vest: Topman
Snood: H&M
Trousers: Topman
Shoes: Converse

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire