mardi 6 décembre 2011

The Cream Team

Beige, Creams, Pastels and Pale Browns are colours i really like to wear, for two reasons:
  1. They make my eyes look brighter blue (Bit of a gay reason, i know, but you've got to make the most of what you've got, ha!)
  2. They make me look waayyy browner than i actually am.
    I especially love this now that it's winter, because the only sun my skin is going to see over the next few months is a healthy dose of St Tropez's bottled finest.


    So, for this look i wanted to show a more toned down style. This is an outfit i'd probably wear for the High School. It's not as 'eccentric' or 'unusual' as some of my other looks, however i still feel it has a personal touch to it.

T-Shirt: Climate Change, Vivienne Westwood

Trousers: H&M

Belt: Skull, River Island

Watch: Random bargain I managed to pick up from Leeds Market for £3

Boots: Unbranded






















This entire outfit apart from the watch and belt was bought by Ben, however we share and share alike in the clothing department :D
Plus i've mentioned before about my 22kg luggage allowance, so a lot of my clothes will be making a cheeky reappearance for the next few weeks, until i get the chance to change them when i go home for Christmas.

Outfit 2
Again with the cream!
This outfit i actually bought whilst out here in France.
Now believe it or not, it's not true what people say about the French. They're not that stylish when it comes to designer brands, especially in the south.
However, i've managed to find the odd little 'diamond in the rough', or just bought it online . . .

I found a great website a few weeks ago: http://www.thenewyooxer.yoox.com/eng/index.php/post/9952/vivienne-westwood-for-greenup/
Basically, good old Viv in her quest to slow Climate Change has created the original ‘Tree-Shirt’ for yoox.com, supporting GreenUp’s European reforestation program.
Their motto is:  “buy a Tree-shirt, plant a tree!”
So that's exactly what i did.


T-shirt: Tree shirt, Green-Up
Jeans: Anglomania+Lee, Vivienne Westwood
Boots: Seditionary Boots, Vivienne Westwood



Skinny jeans normally aren't something i'd go for. They can be very 'hit and miss', it totally depends what you wear them with. Luckily for me i don't have 'sparrow legs', so when i saw them in a random boutique in Aix-en-Provence, i took it as a sign. (That, plus the fact that they were on sale)
So i tried them on, much to the disapproval of the sales assistant, who tried to usher me back into the men's section a number of times (you've got to root around if you want to find the good stuff)

 Surprise surprise, they fit! So that was me in a great mood for the rest of the day, plus i got a free 'key ring, bag charm, whatever-the-hell-I-want-to-use-it-for' skull thing, which i've already used for many a different thing.
I wear a baggier/larger top with skinny jeans to balance out my silhouette, so i don't look like a bean pole. Skinnier on bottom should be balanced with bigger on top and vice versa.

Finally, my boots:

I absolutely love these! Vivienne Westwood Seditionary Boots.
I bought them a while ago in Leeds and have definitely worn them in. The bottoms are made out of rubber, unlike the originals which are made from leather, but they're easily the comfiest shoes i own.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire