mardi 6 décembre 2011

Squiggle me timbers!

Any fan of Vivienne Westwood can tell you that when you hear the word 'squiggle' you know you're in for some serious Viv-ness.

The print is available in a variety of colours, on different things such as boots, socks, notebooks, tops, dresses, bags and even wallpaper, yes, wallpaper.

It's a print which has been around since The Pirate Collection (1981) and continues to be as successful today as it was back then.
What I like about the pattern is that it is eye catching, unique, instantly recognisable and always gives an outfit an extra 'oomph.'

I recently bought Ben the Red and White Squiggle Pirate Shirt for his Birthday. The shirts are so well made. One size fits all, as you can tuck, pin and fold it to your liking.






Shirt: Red & White Squiggle, VW

Belt: Black and Gold print, VW

Trousers: Anglomania + Lee, VW

Boots: Seditionary Boots, VW






















I tied my belt a little higher than normal, not through the loops of my jeans, but around the top itself. This enabled me to tuck and tie the shirt where i wanted, so i could achieve my desired look.
I wore skinny jeans as i knew the shirt would balance the outfit out, with it being over sized and baggy.
The chunky boots contrast with the skinny jeans to make more of a statement. Plus, in my opinion, the straps and squiggles go together really well and give a very 'Westwood look'.


The 'Skull Keyring' was attached to my skinny jeans when i bought them. I added this to my belt to add more texture and depth to the outfit. The gold and black tie together well with the belt, jeans and shoes.
I love how this outfit has lots of different textures, prints and things going on.

'Organized Chaos'

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire